Michele Siekerka, President and CEO of New Jersey Business and Industry Association (NJBIA), representing over 1 million employees in New Jersey through its membership, joins us to discuss the following and much more:
1) NJBIA's background, organization, and role it serves within New Jersey
2) Pre-Covid business climate, wealth migration, and state business trends
3) Covid pandemic impact on NJBIA, it's members, changes in business trends
4) Federal CARES Act I $2.4bn received by New Jersey and it's status of use of funds
5) FY 2021 NJ Budget, emergency borrowing, pension funding, impacts to crowding out spending
6) Emergency borrowing in detail, impacts to credit ratings and future borrowing
7) What's keeping residents and businesses in New Jersey?
8) Final thoughts, individual and business rent relief, gas tax and toll hikes, 'infrastructure drives economy', when will the economy recover, and what drives Michele Siekerka's passion for New Jersey's businesses?