Dustin Racioppi, New Jersey Statehouse reporter of USA Today Network, Bergen Record, NorthJersey.com, and others, top reporter in New Jersey and the region, discusses his experience in the media from the beginning of his career, to the incredible work and challenges that have gone into covering the Pandemic and the Governor. Dustin joins Garden State Debate with two guest hosts to take a deep dive into the following topics, and more:
- Background: Where did Dustin start his career and how did he arrive at his current position at the Bergen Record?
- Media Importance: Discussion around the evolution and consolidation of media and it's critical importance in protecting democracy.
- Media Trust: How does "Fake News", Social Media, and certain individuals disparaging the media impact the job?
- Pandemic Coverage: Dustin's experiences attending countless Governor Coronavirus Press Briefings, and the group discusses the state of affairs around how the Governor is perceived, what's behind the "red curtain" and what it might mean for NJ.
Dustin Racioppi on attending Governor Murphy Press Briefings
"To his credit he's been out there two, three, in the heat of it, five days a week, giving updates to people on the basic information that they need, which is a good thing, but certainly when it comes to hard-ball questions and really critical questions, for one, I have been dissatisfied with the answers."
Special Co-Hosts Joining Garden State Debate
- Len Resto, Councilman of Chatham Borough, President of NJ ARP
- Joe Colangelo, Boxcar, Founder and CEO, Entrepreneur
Music, Instrumentals and Lyrics, provided by Jeiris Cook (@JeirisCook)